With our growing experience of providing eye care treatments and products, 2020 Vision OC Optometry is devoted to spreading knowledge and awareness among our valued clients. Not only do we educate our actual and potential clients about various eye health topics and related medical details, 2020 Vision OC Optometry also guides them on ways to take care of contact lenses that they invest in.
2020 Vision OC Optometry: Effective Tips for Lens Care
In the following section, you will find some of the basic and effective ways to make your contact lenses last longer and fulfill their purpose adequately:
- As a rule of thumb, handle and clean your contact lenses after washing and drying hands properly.
- Remember to treat and rub your contact lenses gently.
- Do not use the same storage case for your contact lenses for longer than three months.
- Women must wear their contact lenses before applying eye make-up. Similarly, make-up should be removed after taking out the contact lenses. Both these methods will protect make-up from getting to your contact lenses.
- Always use lens care products that are prescribed by your doctor. This is because some of the best disinfectants and cleaners can be unfit for the type of contact lenses that you have.
- Prevent any form of liquid or sprays like perfumes and hair sprays from coming in contact with your lenses. Either use these products before wearing your contact lenses, othegical Co-Managemenrwise make sure that you cover your eyes with your hand.
- Always use sterile solution to clean your contact lenses and not ordinary, tap water.
2020 Vision OC Optometry: Basic Lens Safety & Usage Tips
We firmly believe that nobody should take the health of their eyes lightly. This is why it is imperative for all individuals to consult professional eye care experts and follow their advice on the choice and use of contact lenses. However, the following list includes basic considerations and tips that you must follow:
- Always refrain from wearing contact lenses used by someone else.
- Make sure that your sterile solutions and cleaners are kept in clean surroundings without any external object coming in contact with their tips.
- If you are not prescribed to do so then you must never go to sleep with your contact lenses on.
- Do not ignore any signs of irritation, blurry vision, or other problems that you face while wearing contact lenses. You must immediately discontinue wearing your contact lenses till you consult your doctor.
- To avoid excessive dryness in your eyes, you must follow your doctor’s prescription for a suitable eye lubricant or saline solution.
- Buy a good quality pair of sunglasses and wear them to avoid sun exposure with your contact lenses on.